Sunday, August 5, 2012

Thank You





We wanted to thank everyone that was able to make it to the fundraiser and those who have supported our efforts to get Jim to London to watch Mallory compete.  Below is a note from Mallory.  

Thanks again!

Go team USA!




A note from Mallory –

Jim Andersen and I have been working together since the very first day I got back in the water on April 8, 2008 after being paralyzed four months prior. Since that day Jim has played a very large role in my life, he has been more then just a swim coach over these past four years.  He came into my life at a time in which I was grieving the loss of my ability to walk and yet he never once doubted me.  Jim has been a huge influence in my ability to move forward with life since becoming paralyzed and I wouldn’t be the person or swimmer I am today without him.  He has helped me realize that no matter what obstacle is placed in my way I have the ability to overcome.  Jim has pushed me to strive for more, and when I have made goals that most would call crazy he has never once told me I can’t, instead he has encouraged me to strive for more.  Jim coached me back to swimming but he also coached me back to living again.  In a time when most people didn’t know how to treat me I knew everyday I went to practice Jim would treat me just like every other person on that pool deck, and he would give me grief just as he does with the other swimmers, he never treats me special because of my wheelchair and that is what makes Jim who he is. 

With that being said here comes the reason for this fundraiser.  Jim isn’t on the coaching staff for the 2012 Paralympic Games (therefore he will not receive any funding to attend the Games).  Given how much he has been a part of my life I feel that the perfect way to end this four-year journey we have been on is to have him there in London to share it with me.  Having Jim there would mean to world to me because my success in the pool doesn’t come without having Jim. 

I would like to thank everyone for their continued support throughout these past four years since I became a paraplegic.  They say it takes a village to raise a person and though my family has been a huge support I wouldn’t be where I am today without all of you and your continued love and support.

Go Team USA!

Mallory


1 comment:

  1. Health and Fitness tips offer insight into the latest research, trends and workouts and covers topics related to health and fitness click here muscle strength training

    ReplyDelete